Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Mom's Favorite Things

My mother is one of the most deserving people I know. After raising four children with my father, working for most of her adult life as a nurse anesthetist, moving with Dad across the country in order to be closer to their children and grandchildren, and making it to as many recitals, performances, graduations, birthdays, and other important events as humanly possible---not to mention the last four months of taking care of most of the necessities of running a household as Dad has been recuperating from a string of unfortunate accidents which have been making this less than a banner year for them thus far, my mother deserves flowers, candy, a dinner out, a trip, some nice jewelry, and a day being pampered at a spa! Unfortunately, the economy has affected all of us and our love for her is being expressed in other ways! In honor of Mother's Day this year, I put together a little mini-treasury full of items inspired by some of my mother's favorite things. I wish I could fill your day with all of these today, Mom! :



From left to right:
WeeBitArtsy, HalMarie, PJRodio


Happy Mother's Day to you, Mom!

And Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there who are lucky enough to be mothers!

2 comments:

  1. One of the sweetest posts I've ever seen. Happy Mother's Day to your lovely Mom, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!