Friday, June 3, 2011

Of Poets, Prophets, and Madmen...

I've been experimenting with digital collage lately, but didn't know what I was going to do with this new medium. My husband, Brett Rickaby, has been writing (poetry, stories, plays, screenplays...) for as long as I have known him and didn't know what he was going to do with his growing collection. A few days ago he decided that he was going to start a blog and share some of his poetry and writing. I had used several of his poems as inspiration for my collages. Voilá! A new collaboration between us was born in Of Poets, Prophets, and Madmen.

In truth, this is Brett's blog, and if and when I have a collage to add, we will do so. He is prolific, however, and I cannot keep up with him! That said, we LOVE collaborating. This is not the first time we have joined together artistically. In fact, we work well together whenever we get the opportunity.

Here are a couple of my collages, linked to the blog posts that they accompany. I hope that you enjoy them, as well as my husband's poetry. Maybe one day we will share some of the amazing love poetry that he has written for me over the years. As you may be able to tell, I'm his biggest fan!






Visit Made by SwirlyGirl on Etsy and RedBubble, too!

6 comments:

  1. Laurie, your digital collages are just wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing them. I'm off to read the new blog.
    Peace, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judi, thank you so much for the compliment and taking the time to comment! Hope you enjoy the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These images are beautiful. Two artists in the family - how fun you can combine your talents and create together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Susan. Since we met, we have enjoyed collaborating on anything we have the good fortune to do it with and there have been several artistic opportunities. We are very excited about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful visual images to illustrate Brett's verbal imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your kind words, Judy!I really enjoy making these collages!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!