Monday, November 9, 2009

From This to That



I was inspired last night and am excited to share with my readers how I satisfied that creative impulse. Several months back, I posted a blog with photos that my husband took during a film shoot in Pennsylvania. The photos were taken in an old slaughterhouse, which was used as a backdrop for the movie. My husband took photographs of several of the old, broken, decayed wooden framed windows, which allowed filtered sunlight that found its way through the tree limbs and overgrown brush outside. I knew that eventually I'd find something to do with them, but until last night had not tried anything.

I began with several photos--I couldn't narrow it down to one!--and I manipulated the colors of each one:




I then layered all of them onto a new canvas, which I cropped when I was happy with the balance.
From there, I played with several different effect filters, saving the ones that I fancied as I went.




I then pulled up my Adobe Photoshop Elements and opened these photos in the program. Using my medhi kaleidoscope plug-in, I played with several of the images until I found a couple that I loved.

These finished kaleidoscope images will soon be found in my RedBubble gallery, as well as in Etsy, but in a different form: I'll be cropping them to add to my "WhirlyGirl" line.

Isn't amazing that a photograph can be turned from this:

...into that?:


I love this stuff!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for sharing your process. I love the mandala you came up with. The colors and balance are great.

    Cheers!
    Julie
    Julie Magers Soulen Photography
    Blog of Note

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julie! I was having a great time "playing" last night!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!