Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sunday Best...Continued


Picking up where I left off on Monday, I want to share more photos from our daytrip to a nearby pumpkin patch. These butterflies were in an area of the farm (which is owned by California State University and is used to educate people in agriculture) that is divided into small gardens. There is a garden made up of plants that excite the senses, another that demonstrates plants from around the world (which is in the shape of a world map and has the plants growing in their native "countries"), a medieval garden, a medicinal garden, a Spanish Mission garden, a Peter Rabbit garden...it's just a lovely and creative spot where butterflies, hummingbirds, and I have no doubt, lots of other critters abound!






2 comments:

  1. The last one is my favorite. I love how the butterfly seems to melt into the sweet alyssum like a soft snuggly bed. The first one looks great framed too!

    Cheers!
    Julie
    Julie Magers Soulen Photography
    Blog of Note

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julie! I love that virtual frame site! I owe you for sharing that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!