1. I began taking dance class at the age of 3 and didn't like ballet at all, and for the first few years only took it because it was required by the studio in order to take the other styles.
4. In anything I do I prefer minimal effort and high reward. (That's one reason I love to make cards!) I do realize the irony of this, having spent much of my life in a profession that requires so much effort!
6. I was the Acting Artistic Director of a professional ballet company when I was 25. (An experience for which I'm grateful, but would not want to relive.)
7. At one point in my life, I thought I might want to pursue a career in advertising. This notion followed an episode of "20/20", or some such television show, which featured a segment about how people are influenced by color in advertising. I found it fascinating that the color of a coffee can could determine whether or not people would buy it.
8. As a child, I used to weave pot holders and paint the backs of sea shells and sold them door-to-door, along with toothbrushes (my father, a salesman, kept boxes of them for giveaways), and personalized greeting cards. Our neighbors were generous and tolerant people.
9. I hate conflict--especially arguments. I only argue when I know I'm right.
10. As a young adult I had few strong opinions and considered that to be a weakness. Having formed a few strong opinions since then and observing the strong opinions of others, I am now trying to be more like the young adult I once was: open to different viewpoints and ideas. The world could use a little less judgement, I think. (Is that a judgement?)
Visit Made by SwirlyGirl on Etsy!